CT 130 – Transform Component
Pivot, unpivot, filter, union, join, aggregate, etc… can all be done in transformation components. Dealing with data quality issues and structuring source records in a way that is appropriate for target dimensions & facts is the role of transform components.
Load status tracking, aggregations, joins, and expressions will be discussed in this course along with common transformation tasks.
- Define transform component
- Demonstrate creating transform components
- Review common transformation types
- BD 100 – Development Workflow
- BD 110 – Dimensional Modeling Introduction
- BD 120 – Data Flow Diagram
- CT 100 – Connection Component
- CT 110 – Stage Component
- CT 120 – PSA Component
Configuration & Tools
- Visio 2010
- SQL Server 2012 Database Engine
To review the project created during this course log into LeapFrogBI using the following credentials and select the corresponding project from the Training Account project list. Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to add a fully editable copy of this course’s project to your LeapFrogBI account.
User Name: Student
Project Name: CT 130
Supporting Materials & References
SalesDataModel_v01.vsd – Visio data model diagram created during course BD 110 (attached)
SalesDFD_v03.vsd – Visio ETL data flow diagram initially created during BD 120 (attached)