DM 100 – Project Lifecycle Build
After creating components, it is time to build and deploy. Configuration builds, component builds, and build archives are defined and initiated. Lifecycle migration along with sample migration patterns are introduced.
LeapFrogBI builds generate SSIS packages. Packages can be reused in all environments with the exception of the configuration package as long as all lifecycle definitions contain the same abbreviation (environment variable name) and schema definitions are the same for all lifecycles within connections.
- Review project build operations
- Build a sample project
- Discuss lifecycle migration
- BD 100 – Development Workflow
- BD 110 – Dimensional Modeling Introduction
- BD 120 – Data Flow Diagram
- CT 100 – Connection Component
- CT 110 – Stage Component
- CT 120 – PSA Component
- CT 130 – Transform Component
- CT 140 – Dimension Component
- CT 150 – Fact Component
Configuration & Tools
- Visio 2010
- SQL Server 2012 Database Engine
- Sample Database – AdventureWorks 2012
To review the project created during this course log into LeapFrogBI using the following credentials and select the corresponding project from the Training Account project list. Send a request to email@example.com to add a fully editable copy of this course’s project to your LeapFrogBI account.
User Name: Student
Project Name: CT 150 (contains all component required to build model created in BD 110)