Ascot uses’s expertise to save time and empower users to obtain valuable business insights.
INDUSTRY AND TYPE OF COMPANY:
INSURANCE, CARRIER, MGA
$1 BILLION ASSETS UNDER MANAGEMENT
NUMBER OF DATA SOURCES:
BUSINESS SYSTEMS / APPLICATIONS
2 BUSINESS SYSTEMS
- Save time by automating reporting, transition away from Excel.
- Provide a comprehensive view of business for Management, Operations, Underwriters,
and Finance, beyond current Excel reports.
- Enable internal team to use their data mart and build their own reports and analyses
resulting in a self-service business intelligence solution
- Ascot wanted to be able to trust their reports
- Ascot didn’t trust the data in their reports due to business logic gaps and system of
record data anomalies.
- Data quality issues were created due to inconsistent definitions for common
- KPIs such as Rate Change have varying definitions causing confusion to end-users
- Business logic was required to integrate policy administration systems.
- Business users and analysts needed a self-service business intelligence solution.
- Ascot required reports that can support both expert and novice levels of knowledge.
- Ad hoc reports were taking too much time to produce.
- Needed a data solution that could evolve with the rapid growth of the company
- LeapFrogBI’s team has implemented an ongoing validation process, regression testing, and scheduled reviews giving Ascot the ability to trust their reports.
- A dimensionally modeled data warehouse provides a resilient solution for dealing with data integration, anomalies, and future requirements.
- To deal with the creation and ongoing maintenance of business logic, appropriate
business processes were established involving both technical and logical requirements to be reliably maintained Implemented Power BI as the reporting front-end solution.
- Implemented Power BI as the reporting front-end solution enabling capabilities rangingfrom canned to ad-hoc reporting.
- Business processes were established to ensure report authors were trained on
the underlying model and a feedback loop was implemented to capture new
- Ascot now trusts their reports, enabling a more efficient and effective data-driven culture.
- Time savings via report automation and no longer spending time building ad hoc reports with Excel
- Freed up countless man hours enabling valuable resources to do actual analysis.
- Increased insight into operations daily reveling policy and broker relationships
- Ascot is empowered to be more independent and more responsive to the changing business environment.
- Now have a self-service reporting solution they can provide to partners