General Guidance Not Tracking History – If you do not have SCD2 attributes, then it is acceptable to set the RecordDateTime to a constant value. By doing so you can be assured that the RecordDateTime lookup will always find a match. However, if you later decide to track history, then a full reload will be required. Tracking History – When SCD2 attributes do exists, then it is important to carefully consider what value to assign to the RecordDateTime property in PSA. Things to consider include:p200.[LFBI_RecordTime] Between k1.[LFBI_Start] and k1.[LFBI_End]RecordDateTime will always be included in the lookup OnClause.
- Dimensions must have a record with an assigned RecordDateTime which covers all related fact RecordDateTime values. Otherwise the lookup will fail resulting in -1 as the assigned FK value.
- It is rarely appropriate to assign the LoadTime as the RecordDateTime. LoadTime is tracked by LeapFrogBI, but this is not related to the RecordDateTime.
- Modified dates are often a good candidate to be assigned as the RecordDateTime.
- Remember that this value is used in both Dimension (LFBI_Start) as well as Fact components. In all cases the assigned RecordDateTime will be sourced from the component’s source. Joined components RecordDateTime is not considered.
- When aggregations are applied to a component, RecordDateTime will also be aggregated using the maximum function.